Sunday, June 23, 2013

Where Does The Time Go?

 How can it be almost July?  If time continues to go by this quickly, there is absolutely no way I can finish all these unfinished objects.  When I am (finally) elected President, I will slow down time.  You have my word on it ;-)

I looked out the window yesterday and the sun was hitting this deer--it almost looks like it is glowing!  You can also see how much the corn is growing.


Many of the long-term quilting classes are coming to an end.  It's a bittersweet time for all.  When we start, nine or ten months seems like a long time.  And then it's over.  But for most, after a month or two off, we start again on a new project.

When Monthly Bliss 3 ended earlier this month, Joanne gave me this beautiful ceramic bird.  She is one of the nicest women you would ever want to meet.  (I was very fortunate--all the women in this class were just delightful!)  (As are all my students!)  Thank you, Joanne, for the lovely memories we made in class and for this lasting reminder.


Last Saturday I traveled to Morrisville to do a trunk show for the Americana Village Quilters.  We had a fabulous time, and afterwards, Beverly, Holly and Diana took me to lunch at The Purple Salamander.  Great food, great company and purple salamanders decorating the walls.  What's not to like.  Thanks, Holly and Diana, for the treat!

For those who have been asking about a class on using the Featherweight attachments, don't hold your breath waiting for me to run one!  I am perfectly happy to go forward and back.  But...there is a great book that shows exactly how to use all those attachments--with color photos and illustrations.  The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook by Charlene Phillips has up-close and personal directions that make it easy to use those attachments.  And, at $16.99, it's a great buy.  It also has explanations for some of the attachments for the newer machines.

There, I think that catches us up.  I've been busy quilting and sewing and trying, in vain, to clean off the horizontal surfaces again.  

Stay cool--it's going to be a scorching week.

Blissful hugs to all,
Sharon

P.S.  I just finished listening to Zero Hour by Clive Cussler, and am listening to Sleight of Hand by Phillip Margolin.  Still reading horse books.

P.P.S.  My printer died just as I put in a new black ink cartridge.  If anyone can use an HP 74XL ink cartridge, let me know.  As usual, the new printer takes totally different cartridges.  Gotta love technology.  NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!