Friday, December 4, 2015

Too Soon Gone


Debbie has been my friend for more than 20 years.  Earlier this week, she lost her battle with liver cancer.  She fought hard, with courage and tenacity.  Her husband of 31 years stood by her side every step of the way.

Debbie was a do-er and a finisher.  Every month she changed all the quilts in her home; she must have made hundreds!  And she was generous with her time and talents.

Debbie touched so many people with her kindness.  I'm not sure she realized just what a legacy she has left.  Never one to call attention to herself, Debbie worked quietly in the background to make so many lives better.

Her family and friends will miss having her nearby, but she will live forever in our hearts.  And those of us who quilted with her can see her in Heaven, shaking her head, saying "Now, girls, I hear a lot of chitchat, but I don't see a lot of sewing going on!"

Too soon gone, indeed.

Sharon

4 comments:

  1. So sorry, friend. Sounds like she will leave a big spot that you must fill with memories. hugs, Kathleen from california

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear of the loss of a good friend to you and many others. Prayers and hugs are being sent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon-- Oh my goodness, i am so sorry to hear of loss of your friend. If I could do what you do by sending waves of good feelings your way, I would. Nonetheless, I'm going to try - - - all my thoughts and prayers and love now coming your way.
    diane

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!