Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Finally...A Finish for Me!

This runner was cut, pieced and machine quilted in about three hours.  Even the binding was on, except for the hand sewing.  But I just couldn't seem to find time to sit and hand sew that binding!  This is created with the Whirligig ruler/template by Creative Grids.  One template, easy sewing, minimal matching--you could have several done in time for Christmas.  Yes, this year!  And the pattern is included with the ruler/template.


I have a second center done.  Just need borders.  All batiks, as is the one above.


My first Bali Pops purchase.  I have a pattern that requires one pack plus a few more strips.  I'll show more of it as it goes along.  (That's the back of the runner behind the Pops.)


The weather here has been wonderful.  Although I know I can't stop it, I am dreading the first big snowfall.  The snowblower is ready and the shovel is by the door, but I'm grateful for every day without major snow.

You should see Protecting Peewee over the next few days.  The center is hand pieced and just needs trimming and a border.  I love it and it turned out just as I envisioned.

That's it for now.  Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I finished listening to The Storm by Clive Cussler, and am listening to All Shall Be Well by Deborah Crombie.  I am reading Fox Tracks, the newest "Sister" Jane novel by Rita Mae Brown.  (I've also been reading a number of horse-related books, but decided not to bore you with all of those!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!