Friday, December 14, 2012

Cheryl and Sharon Quilting

 It's so hard to believe that Cheryl only learned to quilt a bit over a year ago.  She started hand piecing this beauty in a class that started last October.  And by December this year she had the top done!  She's going to hand quilt this--after the holidays, I believe!  She is so hard to get a picture of!  Great job, Cheryl!  (She's learning hand applique this year!)


While looking for something else, I found this top in a basket, lacking just the trunk.  Having nothing better to do (!!!!), I decided that after six or more years in this sorry state, it deserved to be finished--NOW!  So I added the trunk, sandwiched and turned it, and tied it with buttons and pearl cotton!  And I used a button and pearl cotton to fashion the hanger.


Here's a closer look.  The top was all hand pieced.  I had a chunk of the polar bear fabric that I used to fussy cut triangles.  Notice the larger triangle?  I decided to tie this piece with buttons, but only on the non-bear triangles.  I did add one star to the bigger triangle--just because I could.


Here's the back--a pretty piece with doves.  I like to put my ties to the back to keep the front looking crisper and more tidy, plus it gives the back a bit of interest.  (As I've been thinking about this, I think the top may be over 10 years old....)  But finished in an evening!  My first new Christmas piece in quite some time.


Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating that special event.  And for those getting ready for Christmas, how's that going?

Holiday hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to NYPD Red by James Patterson and Marshall Karp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!