Thursday, March 13, 2014

Another Finish for Me!!!!

A couple weeks ago I had the urge to make a small runner to fit my sewing room window sill.  I had a piece that fit, but it had pointy ends and I wanted to cover as much space as possible.  I had leftovers from another quilt top I had recently finished and a pattern (Skinny Mini by Joan Ford).

Here's the basted sandwich, ready for quilting.


Here's a detail of the quilting. Machine done in (sort-of) parallel lines.  (I never said I was an expert at machine quilting.)


The view from the back.  We'll just call the quilting "folk-arty".  The straight lines at the edges are traveling lines and are covered by the binding.


And here it is with the binding all done.


And its close-up!


I was so excited to actually complete a project in a short time.  I cleaned off the window sill, laid the runner on it, and...it was too long!  The ends went up the sides of the window frame!  So I got out the one I had measured before, counted the blocks--and they were exactly the same!  I'm not sure how the second one grew about two inches....  So I put the pointy ended one in the window and now am looking for a place for the daisies.  I was ironing today and the bookcase near the ironing board looks like a candidate.

The best laid plans, you know!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  You can visit Joan Ford's website www.hummingbird-highway.com and blog www.scrap-therapy-quilts.blogspot.com.  I'm not sure if the Skinny Mini patterns are still available, but there are tons of cool things on both sites.  The Skinny Mini pattern I used was Roberta.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've had that pattern a little while. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!