Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Great Book

I had flipped through the pages of this book several times, but hadn't bought it.  Then a few weeks ago, I saw it again and it was mine!  Worth every penny!  I've read it cover to cover and admire how much information is contained between these covers.  Just the info on saving your bits and pieces of scraps--and then actually using them--is cause for celebration.


One of the first things I'd like to try?  A small rug knitted on large needles using strips of fabric, including selvages!  (I'm lucky enough to have a crocheted rug made of fabric strips that a friend made for me; there is nothing like the feel of a cotton rug beneath your feet!)

So give this book a look-see.  There's something for everyone!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to Moo by Jane Smiley, and Jacqueline Kennedy, Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy.  Both are excellent.  (And, Rose P., you were right about her voice; it takes a bit to get used to!)

P.P.S.  I have updated my class schedule here.  Maybe I'll see you at a class this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!