Monday, February 13, 2017

Halloween--Coffins???

Yes, that's right....  For a person who hates Halloween and trick or treating (yes, even as a kid), I have a fairly large collection of Halloween fabrics and quilts!  I think it's the novelty (!) of the fabrics HEHEHE!

This is another hand pieced top.  If you look closely, you may be able to see the flowers formed by the coffins. Some are full flowers and some are partially hidden behind others.  


It looks totally different when viewed horizontally.  I decided to machine quilt this one.  We'll just say it was a learning experience.  Where to start and stop the quilting to make the flowers more defined, especially the ones that were underneath others.  What to do about the green leaves?  But I persevered and finished the quilting and got the binding machine sewn on in an afternoon.


The backing was pieced from fabric samples I had in my stash.  I love the Halloween-but-different-era-vibe compared to the fabrics on the front.  I tied knots and buried the thread ends.


In my next life I am going to be a better photographer LOL.  

I did finish quilting the Bee quilt and will show it once I get the binding on.  It is quite fetching, if I do say so myself.

Hope you are all surviving this weather.  So crazy.  

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

2 comments:

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!