Monday, September 27, 2010

Lucky Girl

For someone who signs her emails as "Annoying", Sheila is certainly not that. Keeping her hands busy during some trying times, she knit and felted this fabulous bag for me. I just love it. It is soft and subtly colorful and is especially wonderful for having been made by hand.


Imagine my surprise when I received a padded envelope in the mail several days ago. (I love mail!) Inside was this panel--a sign of solidarity from one horsewoman to another. I can't wait to get it quilted and I have a special place I will hang it for the holidays. And, who you ask, was it from? None other than "Not-so-Annoying". So, Sheila, thank you...you are an amazing friend. My world is better for having you in it.

Happy quilting, happy fall, happy everything!

Hugs,

Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts. You are lucky to have a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww shucks...

    Actually, it was Sharon that shared her wonderful gift of quilting and friendship with me. To teach someone something is to give them a gift that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. You just cannot give anyone more than that.

    Now, I'll just have to convince a Michigan quilt guild they need to have my friend Sharon come do a class.... Advance warning.... I'll still be annoying ;)

    HUGS,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!