Sunday, May 6, 2012

Penny's Fabulous Flimsies

Penny has done it again!  When she came to class last week, she had two new tops done!

First up is the In Baltimore Style that she started about two years ago.  Proof positive that perseverance pays off!  All needleturn applique; a wonderful selection of fabrics and shades.


Penny is camera-shy.  But I did manage to catch this delightful pose!  You can just imagine how much fun she is to be around!  This is A Green Thumb for Everyone which she started last year.  Can you see the purple theme?  Her quilt this year is...care to guess?




Wonderful job, Penny!  Thanks so much for sharing.


Can I just say that this has been one of the best years for students finishing class projects?  As I look at prior posts with finishes, it makes me so proud.


Have you ever wondered about the term "flimsies"?  Some of the larger tops definitely don't feel flimsy!  But I guess they are compared to the quilted and bound variety.  It just makes me laugh to say flimsies!


Spent almost six hours mowing the lawn today.  It looks good!  Still have some work to do in the flower beds, but I've got a pretty good start this year.


That's it for tonight. 


Blissful hugs,
Sharon


P.S.  I am listening to Private Games by James Patterson.


P.P.S.  I have made some changes to my blog list (on the right).  Added Stacy Westfall (horses) and Sharon Stanley Writes used to be Farm and Fru Fru.

1 comment:

  1. WOW -- Beautiful -- congratulations to you both..

    Thanks for sharing !
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!