Sunday, June 8, 2014

New Books

A trifecta of quilting book goodness happened this week.

First, Minimal Quiltmaking by Gwen Marston.  Love the cover quilt.  And the part I like best about the book is The Grand Finale:  A Baker's Dozen.  Small quilts with minimal piecing and exquisite hand quilting.  Definitely drool-worthy!


Yoko Saito is a prolific quiltmaker from Japan.  Stitch Publications has recently begun publishing her books in English--what a treat!  


A friend shared the Japanese version of the Scandanavian Quilts book with me several years ago.  A visual treat, but one was left yearning to know what was in the text.


I fell in love with the hand pieced horse quilt.  Undaunted at knowing no Japanese, I ventured forth and created this:


The diagrams and pictures were so clear and complete that I was able to complete it with no problems.  It's not quilted yet, but I love how it came out.  The fabrics represent three of the Morgans I worked with:  Electra, Hallie, and Topper.

The good news for you?  You can enjoy all the projects in Yoko's books in English, with imperial measurements!  Be sure to check them out.  Eye candy and lots of inspiration, if nothing else.

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I am fond of Yoko a Saito work also. Glad to hear publish ings can now be found in English.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!