Sunday, June 1, 2014

Trumpet Vines

Several years ago my dad painted an old ladder a light yellow and gave it to me to run my trumpet vine up.  He also provided two bird houses.  If you don't already know, trumpet vines are almost impossible to kill and you should only plant them where you really, really want them, because it is also almost impossible to get all the roots for a transplant.  (Ask me how I know this!)

Anyway, while doing hand mowing around it a week ago, I took real notice of the ladder.


See any problems yet?


Perhaps now?

And the ladder is not even close to the support it was once attached to.  So, dear readers, it is the trumpet vine that is holding up the ladder!  What an ironic twist.  I'm just leaving it alone and will see what happens.  The birds are already nesting in the houses--they don't see any problems with it at all!


And the hops vines?  Already almost a foot taller than the pictures I showed before.  

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Hot and humid and rain forecast for this week.  Glad I got the air conditioners in today.

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by to say 'Hi' and that I do enjoy all your posts and photos!
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!