Friday, April 25, 2008

What a Rush!

The last time I posted, I had been painting at my folks' house. Here's a picture of part of what I painted. You can see the fawn colored paint that was on the entire house, plus the butter yellow that I painted on all three sides of this part of the house. The lattice and vines are back in place, nary a flower was damaged by ladders, and it was a great job to have done before the end of April! You can see Lynnie on the steps to the right. Always helpful!


Thursday I spent several hours teaching hand quilting my way to a group in Mexico, New York. There were ladies from several locations--some had traveled more than an hour to come! The Mexicali Quilters Guild was the sponsor, and it was a great time. I looked up from teaching to see this huge silver ball hanging from the ceiling--I said, "Look, big shiny thing!" We all laughed, but at the end of the class, the ladies turned on the disco ball (aka "big shiny thing") and this is what it looked like! We had lots of laughs, and everyone went home ready to tackle that hand quilting project. Thanks, ladies--it was a blast! (Stayin' alive, stayin' alive--LOL)


Tuesday night several of us went to Marcellus, New York, to hear Sue Nickels lecture. She had taught for two days (machine applique and quilting) and her lecture was about machine quilting our quilts. Sue is a wonderful lady and an even more wonderful teacher. She brought several antique quilts from her collection to show, as well as the Baby Beatles quilt and lots of others. The same night, in Paducah, KY, her sister, Pat Holly, won Best Miniature at the AQS show! It was 10 years ago almost to the day that their big Beatles quilt won Best of Show at AQS! Those of us at the lecture had a chance to hear the news first hand and to cheer over the cell phone as Pat let us in on the 2008 winners. If you ever have a chance to hear Sue lecture or to take a class from her, don't pass it up--you'll come away with a wealth of information and have fun learning.

I'll leave you tonight with a picture I took a few days ago. Sunset--one of the best times of the day. Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!