Monday, January 4, 2010

Cross Stitch and Callie

Here's a picture of what I did Saturday and Sunday.


I had started stitching with the lighter green accent and decided it blended too much with the background. So I had to rip (just like in quilting!) and start the dark green over and re-do the accent. I think it was well worth it. Now all three samplers are done and I can get them framed. I had forgotten how relaxing it is to do counted cross stitch--I kept picking it up about every five minutes and finally decided to just finish it!


I have also quilted on the 5-pointed star and done my ironing and started prepping for classes this week (weather permitting).

There was an empty envelope box on my cutting table and Callie kept sitting in it. So finally I put her fleece in it and she is just beside herself with satisfaction. She is in it most of the day and looks out to supervise whatever I am doing. If it looks too interesting, she hops out, plays with my floss or thread, or tries to help while I'm rotary cutting. In the last instance, I put the cutter down (closed, of course) and play with her until she goes back into the box for a snooze. Lynnie keeps eyeing the top of the table as if to say "Why can't I be up there too?"


Time for the big dig-out in a few hours. It's been so bitterly cold that I haven't been able to force myself to do it. Now it HAS to be done.

Stay warm and toasty.

Hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon, I'm with you in regard to preferring to stay warm and toasty rather than going outside in this frigid weather. I don't cherish the thought of having to get up at 6 am and go off to work. I think I want more vacation. Hugs, Jay

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!