Monday, April 5, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

Last year I taught a machine pieced block of the month at Pucky Huddle Delight in Candor, New York. Nancy C. recently brought her finished quilts in for me to see, and she agreed that I could share them with you.

First is the 12 block class project. 8 inch blocks, set into vertical rows. Nancy has a wonderful eye for color and fabric.



Here is a detail of the quilting in the setting triangles. And look at those points!

At the same time, Nancy made 24 six-inch blocks and set them on point in vertical rows. Nancy favors an old-fashioned look and frequently leaves off the top and/or bottom borders to achieve that. Interestingly, both quilts are approximately the same size! Great job, Nancy--you rock!

My BFF Cindy has been immortalized in the next picture. She is taking her last seam in the flannel quilt we started in 1999, I think! Debbie (to the left in the picture and also a BFF) cracked the whip and refused to let Cindy talk--she had to SEW! And sew she did! Not too bad--about 10 years from start to finished top! You go, girl! Love you lots!


I have been horsing around, quilting like a mad woman, teaching classes, trying to spend some quality time with my Dyson (okay, mostly I am cleaning my horse grooming tools, but still...).

What I am reading: A Thread of Truth by Marie Bostwick, and listening to The Charlemagne Pursuit by Steve Berry.

Happy belated Easter to those who celebrate that holiday. Soon it will be Memorial Day--where can I get off this tilt-a-whirl?

Hugs to all,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, I'm looking forward to seeing you tonight for First Tuesday. I'm with you in terms of wanting to get of this tilt-a-whirl or merrie-go-round! Hugs, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon! I LOVE visiting your blog,so funny that you posted my pic,for all eternity! I just want Shirley to see that I was actually working! I know I am the luckiest person in the world to have such a wonderful,talented person for my BFF! Hugs,Cindy XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!