Friday, October 8, 2010

Unexpected Gifts

On Tuesday night I arrived at class to find a surprise package! Inside was this beautiful cobalt jar with lid and two spools of Valdani quilting thread!

The jar says Noxema Shave on it and the lid lifts off. Inside are a ton of straight pins--not, I'm sure, the original contents! LOL (Talk about a prickly shave!)


These delights were from my friend Jay--who read the post I did about my cobalt glass fetish and decided I would love this jar. And I do! The thread should need no explanation!

Have I mentioned lately how lucky I am?!?!?!?

Tomorrow I'll tell you who came to dinner!

Hugs to all,

Sharon

P.S. I'm listening to Alex Cross's TRIAL by James Patterson. Excellent! And the Clare O'Donohue book's real title is A Drunkard's Path.

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet and wonderful gift. I will have to learn about that thread - it looks yummy!

    I hope fall is wonderful in the Finger Lakes... I miss your classes! But I am off the put a label on a quilt today using the skills I learned in your class at Pucky Huddle!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!