Sunday, May 1, 2011

Can It Be?

The trees are almost leafed out, the peepers are deafening and...


flowers are blooming. Daffodils and narcissi always seem so happy. (Maybe because they are not buried under mounds of snow anymore!)

Yesterday was spent picking up branches and twigs from the yard and cutting down the old hops vines. The new ones grew almost two feet in one day! Today was spent helping to paint my parents' house. From yellow to dark blue green. We completed a section that has a lot of cutting in and managed to get two coats on it.

In between these outside events, I have managed to complete almost all the quilting on the mystery gift! Of course, I still have a sleeve and binding to do, but it's ever nearer to completion. Here's a sample.



Hard to believe that four months of 2011 have already come and gone.


Hugs to everyone!


Sharon


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, That flower is so pretty and cheerful! Where did those four months go? I guess I blinked too much. (grin) I'm looking forward to seeing you this week for the "First Tuesday" class. Hugs, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon - so kind of you to leave a comment on my blog about my hexagon quilt!!!! Now I need to finish up that Baltimore Album from your class !! Enjoy spring... can't believe it made you wait so long for it.. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!