Monday, April 9, 2012

Simple Pleasures

This phoebe has been visiting my yard for a couple of years.  Today he decided to pose within camera range.  He has a very distinctive call, so he's easy to identify!  With a little luck, he and his family will be nesting just outside my sewing room window!  I'll keep you posted.



Thursday night one of my students presented me with a dozen red roses!  It brought back memories of my first dozen red roses--given to me by my then-fiance.  It was not unusual for him to bring me flowers every Friday night throughout our marriage--and usually a bouquet for my mom, too.  Thanks, Bobbi, for the roses and for the memories they brought back!



Last week was a time for other surprise gifts as well.  I love wool pincushions and my dear friend Carol brought me one!  The wooden base makes it easy to transport and the pins come in and out with just one hand.  Thanks, Carol!




The little glass basket was a gift on Easter Sunday from my friend Cheryl.  It is so delicate and pretty.  I just love it. 


I am so lucky to have such generous and thoughtful friends.  


Tomorrow I have an almost-finish (or closer to finished) piece as well as the start of the project using the 5" charm squares I got in Pennsylvania.  I've been busy doing some fun things.  Also hosted brunch on Easter Sunday with that luscious breakfast casserole I told you about before.  I also tried my hand at mini muffins--can we just say they were not very successful.  Luckily the regular sized ones came out perfectly.


Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are enjoying spring break if that pertains to you or are having a great week anyways if it doesn't.


Blissful hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Sharon -- your post brings a smile to my face... thank you.... birds, flowers, good memories, great friends... Life is Good.

    Smile !

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!