Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Spreading the Quilting Word in...

Canada!  Last week I spent three fun-filled days teaching two full days of hand quilting and one day of Dresden Plates.  It was my first time working with an interpreter and my heartfelt thanks to the two official interpreters and to the many "unofficial" interpreters who made each class accessible to all.

Tomorrow I will fill you in on the hand quilting days, but I have wonderful pics from the Dresden Day!  Here is Andree's first cardinal block laid out.  Just stunning!  She has plans for a large quilt and also has the same cardinal fabric with a green background.  I can't wait to see it!


Here are four happy Dresden makers!  Can you tell we are having fun?



"Wise Guys" was on display in the show.  We decided to meet there after lunch and take a closer look.  It was such a pleasure to be able to discuss this quilt with the entire class.  



Back in the classroom, we laughed and sang and worked some more.  And here are the ladies with their own plates started.  From left to right:  Terrie, Carmen, Pierrette, Mimi, Nicole, Manon, Lorraine and Andree.  Many thanks, my friends, for a wonderful day.




More of the adventures tomorrow!


Blissful hugs,
Sharon


P.S.  I am listening to Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer.  I hand quilted about half of a small quilt today while finishing Guilty Wives.  I love audio books--I can do two things at once!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon -- I just love the Cardinal plate -- thanks for sharing... I will anxiously await the completion of that one !

    Cheers !
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    I loved your class (great teacher!)and have already 1/4 basted a small quilt your way, while listening to a lecture from Oxford U. on uTube. I can appreciate you doing the 'listening to books' thing, so your hands and your head are busy! I look forward to hand quilting it ~fairly~ quickly. (I hope)

    BTW - I Love your little birds' pictures. Precious creatures....speaking of which I am exxpecting grandchild #5 any day now!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!