Monday, September 3, 2012

Retreat 2012: Part Three

It's never too late to change your mind.  Here's an example:

This is the original retreat project.  The navy border, while perfectly mitered, made the left and bottom edges disappear.  The tree?  Not a deal breaker yet.


Dissatisfied, I removed the tree, which took almost as long as appliqueing it on!  I still didn't like the border, so off it came too.  I replaced it with a woody looking fabric, which looks more like a window or picture frame.  (The colors in the above photo are closer to real.)  I am much happier with this version.  I will admit that if I had basted and started the quilting I might not have ripped it back.  But I have been known to do exactly that.


Remember the smaller version that several of the students did?  Here's mine.  The white lines you see in the border are for quilting.  I am using Quilters Dream Cotton Request unwashed for the first time--and I like it a lot.  Mostly ditch quilting, except in the sky and in the water.


A close-up.  I started with the sky and water fabrics and filled in the rest.  I just love this piece.  I'll share more of it when it's finished.


And to end the retreat retrospective, here are a few photos I hope you enjoy.





Blissful hugs to all,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!