Monday, October 8, 2012

Wonderful Surprises!

Thankful--and lucky.  That's how I feel!  Here are some of the unexpected surprises I received recently.

The table runner I made from a kit given to me a few years ago by a friend.  I think it's the perfect backdrop for some of the surprises.  You may recognize the Mason jar I won from Sharon Stanley on the left.  In the middle is my bowl with candle, pumpkins and Indian corn.  My mom gave me the pumpkins and corn; she recently borrowed the green polished glass chips I usually have around the candle.  A good trade, eh?  On the right is a beautiful glass pumpkin given to me by my friend Laurie.


She made it at the Corning Museum of Glass and it is so cute!


Here's a close-up.  Don't you love the curly tendril? Thanks, Laurie!  I love it!


I'm sort of improving on my "staging" of objects.  Or at least I think I am!  Next up, two new additions to the jar collection!  A bale-top quart jar, and a metal and glass topped pint jar from Cheryl!


Can we say yahooooooo!  I love them, Cheryl; thank you so much! 


When I got to the LQS about a week or so ago, I was handed a plain brown paper bag with a note from Debbie wishing me a Merry Christmas!  Inside was a bottle of my most favorite hand piecing pins from Little House.  You can cool your jets--they are no longer available in the United States (or at least I have been unable to find them).  I haven't used them for class in several years so as not to taunt those of you who do not have them.  But to have a brand new bottle of 100 virgin pins in this cute glass jar with a cork stopper?  Go Sharon--Go Sharon--Go Sharon!  Okay, enough gloating.  Many thanks, Debbie!  


Special thanks to each of you for your thoughtful gifts!

Blissful hugs to all,
Sharon

P.S.  I just finished listening to Full Cry by Rita Mae Brown and have started Full Black by Brad Thor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!