Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Another Finish...for Me!

Yesterday, while looking for something else, I found this almost finished piece.  All it lacked was three lines of quilting in the border.  So I sat down and finished the quilting.  This morning I added a sleeve and binding and hand sewed both of those to result in this:


Here's a detail.  This was appliqued in August, so it's another miracle--something else started and finished in the same year.  All batiks with a cotton batt.


In response to some recent comments:  Chefpa, you made a good case for the Jack Reacher movie, but I'm still voting no.  Can we say "wimpy, wimpy, wimpy"? Of those who have commented, it's a big thumbs down for this casting.  If you do go, Chefpa, please let us know what you think.

Thanks, Janet, for the kind words on the quilting!

Sandy R, I have your applique block from class tonight.  I'll keep it with me until next class unless you need it back before then.

Okay, enough for tonight.  

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to Mourn Not Your Dead by Deborah Crombie.

2 comments:

  1. Great colors, Sharon! Happy holidays to you! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Congratulations on another finish ;)

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!