Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Student Finish and Good News

Good things come to those who keep at a project...I think it's called "Finishing"!  Laurie finished this cutwork applique piece (my design) for her husband for Valentine's Day.  (The back story is that it was for Valentine's Day 2011, I think!)  She wouldn't let him take it to work to hang in his office until I had seen it; it should be proudly displayed by now.  Hand appliqued, hand quilted, binding and label--great job, Laurie!


Yet again you have let me win.  Sharon Stanley had another contest on her blog www.sharonstanleywrites.blogspot.com a bit ago.  All you had to do was leave a comment by noon on a certain date.  I commented to get things started...and I was once again the only person to comment.  So I now have a one year subscription to FOLK magazine.  You can check out the details on Sharon's blog and then go buy your own magazines on the newsstands!  It's delightful!

That's it for tonight.  I've been reminded that I am not blogging frequently enough, and I am sorry about that. I'll try to do better.  Wait til you see the next post...stay tuned!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer.  Excellent.

1 comment:

  1. it was actually started for Valentine's Day 2012. it took me a year, not two years! and, it went to the west coast and back - twice! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!