Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Pointy Subject

Scissors.  Small, sharp, pointy.  Great for snipping threads, clipping for applique and lots more.  But those points can also wreak havoc in your sewing box or bag.  I remember an extremely sharp pair I had put in my jumper pocket, with a wonderful beaded fob attached.  Well, the fob overweighted the handles and, as I put my hand in the pocket to retrieve them, managed to stab myself big time.  Right before the start of a 6 hour class.  So I speak from experience on this one!

Enter a knitting notion to the rescue!  For the small scissors I like, these small point protectors are the bomb!  Four to a package for around $5.


Here's one on my favorite scissors:  Elan 4" with serrated blades.  Great for holding the fabric in place as you are trying to trim and clip.  You could always make a little "anchor chain" to keep the point protector attached to your handles...but I just throw my protector into the box until I'm done for the day.  And these are pink--what's not to like?


And here's a sneak peak at what I'm working on.  Hand pieced.  I'm really happy with it and am getting ready to design the borders.


Blissful hugs to all,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to Night Moves by Randy Wayne White.  I am reading several books at the same time, most of no interest to any of the reading audience--a Reiki book, three horse books, two quilt books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!