Monday, August 26, 2013

We Interrupt...

It was a dark and stormy night, August 8.  And that storm finished the ash tree.  I think I had posted about one of the branches coming down in the previous storm.  


The view from the house.  


And the pipe containing the electrical service was at an angle from the house.  Definitely not good!


When the tree was taken down, it also brought down both the telephone line and the electrical pole.  The good news?  The electricity was not interrupted--truly a miracle, and the next day a very nice electrician put the wires back on the house and the pipe is gone.  The not so good news?  It took almost ten days for the phone company to fix the line.  As much as I'm disenchanted with dial-up, having absolutely nothing for almost ten days was even worse.  Even I found that hard to believe.

I've been working on a new sample for the fall.  Half the blocks are done and pressed (it's hand piecing).  I also have some great student quilts to share in the next couple posts.  Don't give up on me; it's been a rough August around here!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to Silken Prey by John Sandford.  Excellent!

1 comment:

  1. Well then you can only go up from here! Sending positive thoughts your way! I saw several of your student quilts at the quilt show this past weekend. As always they were absolutely stunning... So happy that you share your talents with us all!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!