Saturday, March 22, 2014

Schenectady

At the beginning of the month I had the good fortune to venture to Schenectady, New York, to visit the Q.U.I.L.T.S guild.  Q.U.I.L.T.S stands for Quilters United In Learning Together, Schenectady.  These are wonderful women who came to learn my method of hand quilting.  Some had been thinking of giving up hand quilting because of problems with their hands, but all came with an open mind.  The smiles and excitement these ladies felt when they could achieve beautiful stitches, front and back, while NOT poking their underneath fingers, was fabulous to see.  


Concentrating....

We had excellent natural light from the wall of windows on the left side of the pictures.  In the very top one you can see the frozen river...and lots of snow!

Before I left Schenectady, I had to take a picture of this...


It seemed like a good omen for finishing my Mariner's Compass!  And yes, those are my legs, and yes, I was wearing a skirt!

Thank you, Schenectady ladies, for a great time!  

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!