Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Smiling Faces

Last Saturday, six delightful women and I spent the day making Mrs. Keller's Nine Patch blocks at Patchwork Plus in Marcellus, NY.  One of the blocks from my Skill Builder series, this block taught students to rotary cut, machine piece and press to perfection.  We cut actual size pieces and sew them together.  No cutting larger and cutting down later.  No flying geese made from squares and rectangles; we cut half- and quarter-square triangles (no, there are no flying geese units in this block; I'm using it as an example of the skills these ladies are learning in the series).

From left to right:  Gale, Martha, Ginny, Pat B., Susan, and Pat A.  A wide range of fabrics--and just look at those smiles!   Thanks, Ladies; it was a great day!


Blissful, if brrrrrrry, hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I just finished reading Let Sleeping Dogs Lie by Rita Mae Brown.  I am listening to Stolen Prey by John Sandford.

P.P.S.  Hi Judy and Linda!  Great to see you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!