Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Bit of Catching Up

Last Saturday, five women joined me for another skill-builder class at Patchwork Plus in Marcellus.  We worked on the Handy Andy block, with lots of points and quarter- and half-square triangles.  These points are so sharp you could cut yourself on them!  From left to right:  Susan M., Sharon N., Gale, Alice, Pat A.  Great job, ladies!  It was a great day!


The Thursday before that Judy D. brought in her completely finished Monthly Bliss 3 quilt.  It is so beautiful.  Blocks were hand pieced, and the top was set by machine.  Truly lovely!


For those in the Featherweight class on Sunday (and for anyone having a Featherweight), there is a great book showing how to use the attachments on this and several other machines.  It is The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook by Charlene Phillips.  People are often asking me if I use the attachments, and honestly I don't!  I go backwards and forwards very happily!  The pictures in this book are first-rate and you will be able to use those attachments.

I had only heard about them, but I finally found them!  LED lights for the Featherweight.  Now before you go rushing off to order one, read the pages carefully; there are different bulbs for different machines, and not just the Featherweight.  Here's the link:

http://www.stitchallthethings.com/featherweight-led/

I have not forgotten the applique tip.  Just needed to get a bit of this stuff out there first.

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I have listened to Private Vegas by James Patterson, Flesh and Blood by Patricia Cornwell, Deadline by John Sandford.  And I have read (in the last two weeks) Crossfire by Dick and Felix Francis, The Blood of an Englishman by M.C. Beaton, and Night Ride Home by Barbara Esstman.

And...for those of you that I've told about the horses at St. Mark's--I've ordered the book, so be prepared!

P.P.S.  Helen, it was so good to see you--you give the best hugs, girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sharon! Your featherweight class looks like so much fun! Those blocks are gorgeous... the ladies did an amazing job! Also, that hand pieced quilt is stunning! Wow!

    Thank you for linking to our LED page. What a wonderful comment to read... We certainly like to "brighten" things up for people (okay, okay... excuse the cheesy pun...LOL).

    Have a wonderful day! ~Christine (and Brad!)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!