Friday, May 1, 2015

A May 1 Surprise!

My mom and I spent the day together doing errands and then we went to our favorite greenhouse, Grisamore Farms in Locke, NY.  We got fabulous pansies, begonias, citronella geraniums (supposed to repel mosquitoes), and fuchsias.  Normally we wait until later in the season, when it is more appropriate to plant.  But we often find ourselves with a limited selection when we wait, so today we went.  They've only been open for the season for a couple days.  As we were driving back past the farm store, I spied the mare and then...the foal!  I had to stop and pet the horses!

What a cutie!  Mom is pretty patient, but a couple times the nursing got a little rough, and she nipped that cute butt to express her displeasure!  (You can see the greenhouses to the right in the background.)


Interesting markings on the legs, plus the stripe down the back.


"Who you lookin' at?"


"I'm totally ignoring you."


"But I am soooooo cute...just ask me!"


After I had turned off the camera and gotten back into the car, that foal "smiled"--several times!

With the striped back, the leg stripes and the longer ears, I'm thinking there may have been some hanky-panky in the paddock!  I did a bit of internet research, but didn't find any definitive answer.  Do any of you know?

So I had my horse fix today!  And did a bit of hand quilting.  A good day!  Hope yours was too!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to NYPD Red 3 by James Patterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!