Thursday, August 20, 2015

It's So "Vane"

A friend recently gave me an antique weather vane!  I wanted it somewhere I could see it and scouted out a place.  My brother came up with the idea of moving "the big house" down and mounting the vane to the top.  He's so smart!  I can see both from my sewing room windows!  While I was away last week, he not only moved the big house down, he repainted it!  (The following pictures were taken at about 8:10 pm and the sky was a nasty green!)


A detail of the vane itself.  It was pouring rain; I love the way the water is beading along the bottom of the horse and arrow.  It definitely moves in the wind and I just love this high-stepper!


And here is a shot toward the road.  That was the color of the sky for about half-an-hour.  Really eerie!


I've lots to share in the next few days.  Stay tuned...some of it is actually quilt-related!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to Smash Cut by Sandra Brown--a real who-done-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!