Tuesday, September 13, 2016

In My Spare Time

After more than 30 years I have again picked up my crochet hooks.  And here's what I have been making--fly bonnets for horses!  What?  Yes, fly bonnets to keep flies out of their ears and eyes while being ridden.  (Not to be confused with fly masks which cover the ears as well as eyes, and most of head, used when the horses is turned out to graze.)

These are just a few of the ones I've made so far.  And I am still making them!  My goal is one for each horse at the barn--and that number is into double digits....





I am combining two patterns and adding a bit of my own "flair".  The ears are made of cotton lycra fabric to be both cool and stretchy.  Many differently shaped heads so they are being made in different sizes.  I'll try to get pics of them on the horses--they look really cool!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Asad and sons is proud to serve the globally tack marketplace with equine products.
    We are proud to distribute all with the support of our customers and the experiences
    of decades.
    We are unique in that we carry a wide variety of name brands who are working with us
    and came to our production units stay with us for the weeks and appreciates our efforts
    and techniques, Many others new companies who are newer to the industry they are happy
    with us in maintain the standards of quality that we apply to all of our products.

    We strive to bring the public incredibly affordable horse tack without sacrificing
    the qualities because we are the experts of equine industry and leading equine products.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!