Sunday, February 5, 2017

Solstice

This piece just needed the binding and a label at the end of last year.  So it has become my second finish of 2017.  

Using 1.5 inch hexagons, this was hand pieced (not EPP) and hand quilted.  It uses the Solstice line of fabrics from Kate Spain.  All the fabric is from that line.  


Solstice, the black horse, was my original healing horse and I thought Solstice fabric was perfect for her.  Along came Willow, who is also a healing horse, but the name of the quilt will stay Solstice.  (Who knew that I would find one healing horse, let alone two!)


The label is actually the last 5" square that I had left from a charm pack.  I used the wrong side of it to make the label.  In this case, I machine stitched the right and bottom sides of the label in with the binding and hand stitched the other two.  Quick and easy.



Thanks for visiting!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful hexie quilt! Congrats on your second finish of 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors - looks very christmasy!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!