Thursday, May 11, 2017

Blah, blah, blah

Last time you got just a picture; this time you get all words! 

What I found out is that I can post from my smartphone if I don't put in a lot of text.  So there may be more wordless posts in the future!

The piece on the last post was hand pieced using 1.5 inch sixty degree diamonds.  It's not very big but I have been testing the best way to set tumbling blocks together into a top.  I think I have it finally figured out--stay tuned!

The plan is to trim the seams, baste, and hand quilt this little cutie.  And I have another laid out using 2 inch finished diamonds.  It's a departure in color for me--soft teals, tans, browns, corals.

I had the best time riding Pompera today.  Outside in the cool breeze, birds singing, just a great day!

Also:  Many thanks to those of you who commented on the last post.  Arlene, you could send me a picture of your Dresden by email and I will put it up on the blog for all to enjoy.  Jocelyn, nice to hear from you again.  As for the other six of you--thanks for being "frequent reply-ers"!  Makes my day.

That's enough blah, blah for now.  But, you have to admit, it was truth in advertising for the header!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day riding Pompera. Can't wait to see your tumbling blocks quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second try - Pat B : sometimes blah blah blah days are just what one needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon - -I was outside during break from a class I'm teaching and it was warm but windy. I stood there thinking - "I just love the wind"! Perfect riding day is mild 60's with a wind - yup - that is perfect. Keep enjoying Pomera - - heres wishing you cool days with a nice breeze!
    Diane G

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!