Thursday, June 8, 2017

A Bit of Both

Realizing that some of you like just quilting and some like a variety of things, here's a post that combines quilting with...birds.  (Okay, one bird.)

This top is hand pieced (elongated hexagons turned on their sides) and machine quilted.  I especially love how the stripe works for the binding--all straight cut, no bias!


After getting the entire piece finished, I looked at the back and had that "Wow, I could have done..." moment.  I could have quilted from the back and used the trees as my guide!  Much too late for this baby, but I've got a bunch of this fabric left....


 And, in keeping with the theme (Cardinals), here's a proud male sitting on my power line.


Be sure to take a look at this post by Dutch Comfort (here) for a visual feast of what she's been working on.  For those of you who love the Australian designers, it's a real treat.

There are several finishes in the wings awaiting their turn to star on the blog.  They are impatient, so stay tuned!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Pat B - that always seems to be the way - you're all done then--------but the quilting, as always, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post, it had a wide variety of things and was nice to read. Thanks for sharing the Dutch comfort blog!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!