Monday, December 24, 2018

A Look Backward and Forward

I vividly remember last Christmas! Still in a wheelchair, my brother having to help me into and out of the car. Pudding-thick liquids, still in the nursing home.  Now I can get in and out of the car, only use a cane on uneven ground, and my left hand is strong and getting better every day.  Still knitting, but I have a strong urge to sew! Even poor stitching cues the hand recovery. Growing tired of reading so much and the cleaning/shredding is coming to an end. Way past time to be better--which I am--but I feel ready to try to adapt my procedures. It's been an interesting year but it has gone fast! Please don't take good health for granted! I don't think I did, but there is good lesson here somewhere!  The neurologist did say mine was caused by a blood pressure spike--how on earth do you treat for that?  Normally it was low, but it took just seconds to do the damage and it's over the year mark for recovery.

Making breakfast casserole for tomorrow. You'll find the recipe under the Recipes tab on the left sidebar.

Happy holidays and so many thanks to all who have supported me throughout this ordeal!


We all need more laughter!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your progress. You have come along way in the past year. It's a blessing you are here. God bless and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you. Keep adapting when it's needed. Wishing you a happy 2019 and a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! Be kind to yourself. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. I have every confidence that you will adapt all procedures successfully. Safe journeys and a multitude of hugs. Love Pat B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon - - Pat B told me you had a new post; I've been 'adapting' a bit on my own (I get the 'up with the good and down with the bad" thing). So good to hear of your progress. There's ways to sew again - you're the most creative person I know - -get going!!! Miss your happy being. Love Diane G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon,I am glad to hear that you are progressing. I think of you often. If anyone can come up with a way to sew it's you. Take care and have a Happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!