Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year!


 Hard to believe it's been over 4 years since the stroke.  Seeing sporadic, minimal improvement.  Walking without any aids even if I do look strange.  At least I am not in a wheelchair anymore.  I still remember coming home in one.

Still quilting.  Have done about 70 of the Tula Pink City blocks, a quilt using all of my mask fabrics, 600 masks.  I swear the mask fabrics keep regenerating--I've done the masks, cut at least five queen size quilts, my twin, cut the scraps down into 4 shapes and sizes, leaving whatever pieces were still large enough for new masks (God forbid) and I STILL have the LL Bean Boat and Tote (largest) overflowing! And I did the year-long sew along with Temecula Quilt Company that just ended (lasted a year).  Used the first Charleston collection by Judi Rothermel.  Yardage has been properly aging since before the ark!  

Counted cross stitch has helped with the frustration of limited hand sewing.  I can rotary cut with my right hand only but as accurately as before.  I miss being able to cut with either hand equally but at least I can do it with one.  Still fussy cutting and am better at using both hands while pressing.  Slow but steady for sure.

Pic above is from my trip to the St. Lawrence in September 2017; one of the last teaching trips I made.  Life certainly has been an adventure!

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year.  Be safe and stay safe.  Back soon.

Blissful hugs from a distance,

Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Sharon.

    In your response to my comment the other day with “Retired yet?” Too much to catch you up on here, so you can expect an email from me within the next day or two.

    Best wishes your health, as well as Dickens’ , continues to improve.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon I am so happy to hear of your progress. I took some classes from you when I lived in New York. I now live in Tennessee and am loving it. Keep on keeping on and I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. Margie/Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. I am glad that you are keeping busy. That's a good thing. You are in my prayers. Here's to a great 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon. So glad to hear that you are doing well. I miss having your year long projects to motivate me. My own projects get done much slower. 😊Take care And keep in touch. Rose Pease

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!