Monday, March 1, 2010

A Bit of a Tease

In an effort to find a small, do-able project to teach circle ruching, I have been working on this:


It's just a small portion of the whole--but I am quite pleased with it. I am hoping that it will be well-received as a two time class--one for the base design and one for the addition of those tiny ruched flowers. When it is done, I'll give you a proper look.

It's been a mixed day. My class tonight was filled with bits and pieces of lots of projects. A group dedicated to finishing! Quilts were trimmed ready for binding, backs were pieced for the next project in the queue for machine quilting, rows of flannel blocks were pieced and laid out. Projects were planned for the future--we are on a roll! I will eventually have pictures of the finished projects to share.

Tomorrow morning I am going shopping for more pink brushes/combs for my horse tool box. Yes, it's official--I'm a Bucket Babe. I am painting my tool box "Blue Suede Shoes" blue and decorating it with pink accents. I'll show you pics as the box progresses. I am quite excited! (Okay, I know I need to get out more--and I am--to the barn! Hee hee!)

Stay warm and keep quilting. This is the perfect time to be hand quilting a large quilt--it keeps you warm as you are quilting!

Hugs to all,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, The tiny ruched circles are cute, and of course I love the color. I'm very much looking forward to our "First Tuesday" time tonight. I'm need of some time away. Hugs, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrads on your new title and happy hunting on the pink items--way to go!!! I am jealous of you and the barn!!
    Pink is my favorite color--hint!!!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!