Over the weekend I finished my cross stitch sampler. Remember that the original chart is at Blackbird Designs (see Blog Roll). One of the other stitchers who had a picture of her finished project posted had inserted her Great Danes' names instead of the original stitcher's. So I decided to add the names of the three boxer girls who have graced my life thus far--Sandy, Ginger and Lynnie. Because the chart is not meant to be perfect (no W, borders not consistent) I decided to just wing adding the names (okay, I did chart the names, but not their placement on the piece). I also took artistic license in adding Stroud and 2010, but it all fit and I love it. Now I am on the hunt for perhaps a pink toile to frame it with. The colors are actually darker than they appear here. (And, as always, the not straight photos are all my fault--the cross stitch is perfectly straight.)
A friend's husband is undergoing cancer treatments, so I finished a hat to help keep him warm. Tomorrow is the day it will be washed and dried to remove all the Lynnie and Callie hair and other sundry lint. No sense in doing it too far ahead or there will be more. Soon the hat would be worn out from washing alone!