Friday, May 14, 2010

Tweet Tweet


Of all the birds, phoebes are my favorites. They are not brightly colored, but they can be sassy in spirit and usually return to the same nesting spots each year. I am very lucky because several pairs nest just outside my sewing room windows. There is a small old shed at the corner of the lot that needs to be taken down. And every year I have good intentions of demolishing it--but the phoebes get here just before the weather gets good enough to work outside and they build nests over the door! I just cannot bear to destroy the nests--so I say I'll wait for nesting season to be over--then, of course, it is too hot and then the fall is busy and then--well, they must feel really secure that they will always have a home in the shed!

The weekend is upon us again. I am working all weekend--but I hope each of you has a chance to sit back and enjoy whatever life brings you in the next day or two.

Hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!