Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Beginning

Butterflies stand for a new beginning. How appropriate at the beginning of a new year!

I spent most of the day piecing more Black Spruce blocks. Two more tops are done with one more to go. Plus I have a rogue 10th block because the cutting is for two blocks at a time. I plan to do a special set on that one.

Second unfinished sock got ten more rows of ribbing. I am half-way! One thing I've found out the hard way is that I don't like to knit a lot of pattern into the top of the sock. It's not relaxing and is not something I can take with me while waiting. Warning: There may be a post about a completed sock and a started sock that will be reduced to --gasp--yarn once again. I'll document it in all its horror! And then I'll share!

Back to teaching this week--but with weather cancellations it's been quite a while since I've seen some of these students. It will be good to see everyone again.

That's it for tonight. Hopefully something more exciting will happen for tomorrow's post!

Hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. hmmm - weather cancellations ???? what kind of weather would force you to cancel class??? oh yes, it's ITHACA - snow, snow, snow!!!

    I miss your wonderful classes... have fun...and keep your rotary cutter closed!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!