Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So Proud

Have I mentioned how much I love seeing pictures of students' work? A couple days ago, I received this:

Deb H. took Hexagon Bliss at O'Susannah's Quilt Shop in Watkins Glen, NY. She decided that she did not want a hexagon-shaped quilt and went for the gusto. Hand pieced! Isn't it beautiful? I love the colors in the blocks and the setting fabric brought out the best in them. Check out the half-blocks on the long sides--too cool! See the secondary stars formed by the setting triangles?

So while the rest of the class was working on this:


Deb went forward with her vision. Well done, Deb! You rock!


Hot, hot and dry at the Stroud household. Makes me feel like...wait for it..."I'm meeelllllttttiiinnnnggggg!"


Til next time!


Hugs,


Sharon


P.S. I am listening to The Alibi Man by Tami Hoag and reading Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovitch. Both excellent.

1 comment:

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!