Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


Ahhhh, Valentine's Day.  You either love it or hate it.  I was in a small shop this afternoon and it was filled with men, young and old, trying to pick the perfect gift for their sweethearts.  And then there was the old stand-by...flowers from the 7 Eleven!

My husband used to bring me flowers every Friday.  And he usually brought them to my mom as well.  A good old Southern boy...his mama raised him right!

The quilt above is one I made several years ago.  The lettering is from A Quilter's Alphabet by Anita Shackelford (more info here).  I've used that Old English alphabet numerous times over the years for both applique and quilting.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am so excited!!!  See the blue, underlined "here" above?  I finally figured out how to make the link without having the complete URL in the blog!  Underwhelming news?  Yes, I know--really only a personal best for me--thus the "personal".

1 comment:

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!