Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Gift

As I was looking through some older photos today, I came across this gift I made in 2004--and had forgotten about. Thank goodness for photos!

While at an antique/collectibles shop one day, I came across this Barbara Fritchie sugar bowl (at least that's what I think it is). I snatched it up and brought it home. While I toyed briefly with the idea of keeping it, I knew just where it needed to live.

Did you know there is a Barbara Fritchie star? What better companion for this lovely piece.




A four-inch block with borders and a 1/8 inch binding. Machine pieced and hand quilted.

And made with the fabric line designed by the recipient: Anita Shackelford (http://www.anitashackelford.com/). It was fun to revisit this project--I hope Anita got as much pleasure from it as I did.

Still no word on the data. And you may have guessed that these pictures were saved other than on that flash drive!

Snowy here--about 6 inches total with gusty winds. If the winds die down tomorrow, it will be snowblowing time. Drifts about knee high are enough to warrant that rash act.

Hugs for now,
Sharon

P.S. Listening to Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs and reading A Deadly Yarn by Maggie Sefton.

1 comment:

  1. gee, Sharon - snow with gusty winds... boy you are making me miss Ithaca!!!! It was a tad coolish here - I actually wore a light raincoat... the locals had on mittens and parkas...
    take care - and thanks for the nice note on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!