Sunday, January 16, 2011

One in a Million

Yep, one in a million. Those are the odds of something happening to your flash drive. I, unfortunately, won that lottery. All my pictures and data are gone. Apparently, as things are downloaded onto the flash drive, they are encrypted. So that no one can get on but you! Unfortunately, mine encrypted itself again and no one can get into it at all!

I'm still lucky though--it could have been much worse. And I am taking HUGE steps to see that this never happens again. Please do so yourself. And many thanks to all who kept good thoughts for me!

It's so ironic that with digital cameras we take many more pictures of things and of things that we might not if we had to develop film. But it is so easy to lose everything to a glitch in technology. So back them up in at least two places--I have so decreed it!

Have a wonderful start to your week--hopefully it will include some quilting time. I've been knitting on that second sock. Only 10 more rows to the toe decreases!

Happier news next time (I hope!).

Hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!