Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Finish, A Gift, and a Visitor

If my math is correct, this is finish 3 for the year to date. Hand appliqued, machine pieced and hand quilted. I am quite pleased with it.


A detail of the applique and the quilting.



On Saturday, I went to a wonderful bridal shower for my best friend's daughter. So last week I spent spare evening moments knitting this dishcloth. It has hearts knitted in it--appropriate for a bridal shower, don't you think?

And a detail. Made of cotton yarn.


Earlier today I heard something just outside my sewing room window. When I went to look, here's what I found.


A female cardinal doing her best to get in! The picture is not the best because of the tint on the window. I think she was looking at herself on the other side, which acts as a mirror. She was there for quite a while, alternating between the window sill and the shringle bush near it.


I have spent the day appliqueing and weedeating. What a combination! But my new weedeater works great and is so much more advanced than my old one (let's just say it was into double digit years and the motor was smoking the last time I used it--and it is electric).


Tomorrow I am going to share a story with you--something personal that not many of you know. So stay tuned.


Hugs,

Sharon


P.S. If you are wondering why the spacing is so spastic on the posts, it is because I have given up trying to figure out how to edit html to get it right. WYSIWYG does not apply to editing this blog. I think others have given up as well--but it torques my cookies not to have it look better. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!