Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nose to the Grindstone

I decided to skip the pictures tonight, but wanted to give you an update on what I've been up to.

On the applique front, I've designed three new patterns to complement another design I've had for a while but never done much with. All four can be used in any combination. When the samples are done I will share more.

On the hand piecing front, I have a new Monthly Bliss coming up. Eighteen new blocks have been chosen, and I am now deciding on fabrics.

On the lawn front--there really isn't much lawn left. Hot, dry weather yields weeds and not much grass. So no mowing for several weeks. But I had to have a bit of digging done (with a Bobcat) and am now in the process of raking and shoveling. And picking rocks. I'm wondering if I can restart the Pet Rock craze from, I think, the 1980s? I have everything from tiny to boulder.

We've had a brief break in the weather--cooler nights that make sleeping so much better.

I guess that's it for now.

Hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!