Monday, July 18, 2011

The Year of the Cone?

Every few years it seem that the spruce trees are extra full of pine (spruce?) cones. I think this is one of them. This is the view up into just one tree.



Multiple cones per branch.




So tightly closed. See the whiter bits of sap?




It's just amazing. The trees both sides of it have almost no cones. Shall we call this one fecund? (www.dictionary.reference.com)


Breaking news, Quilt Fans! Anita Shackelford has started a blog! Yes, you've heard right! You can click on Quilts and Cuisine on my blog list to the right to hop right on over and take a look. I think you'll really enjoy it.


Enough for tonight.


Hugs,

Sharon


P.S. I am listening to Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag.

1 comment:

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!