Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Purchases and Gifts

Last Saturday I bought an unusual array of quilty things:  Two Moda Charm Packs, a piece of "book" fabric to finish a small wallhanging, a roll of 6 fat quarters in black, white and lime, tiny heart buttons, and a pattern to make tiny chickens (hens).  I'll show you progress on any and all of these projects as it happens!


Then, there was a padded envelope in my mailbox earlier this week!  My friend Yochi, from Israel, sent me this lovely cross stitch pillow cover!  She suggested using this as the center of a larger quilt.



Here's a close-up of the workmanship and the lovely keychain she also sent.  The keychain is from the Masada Museum, which is right above the Dead Sea.  Have I mentioned recently how lucky I am?  Thank you, Yochi!  I love both items.




Today was a bit of everything:  outside raking and trimming trees, inside finishing an applique block, and various other things.  Remember the gray/purple sweater that I showed you and then I ripped it out?  Well, I started it again, and last night, as I was almost once again up to separating for the sleeves, I found the same error again!  But I did discover what happened--there is a different colored marker at the beginning of the round.  On all the other markers you increase before and after the marker.  Well, my attention must have wandered because I increased both sides of the wrong marker.  So I think it will have to be ripped again.  I think I will move on to another project for a while.  Maybe I need to start with a new skein--maybe this one is jinxed!  Maybe the fourth time will be the charm!


Stay tuned!


Blissful hugs,
Sharon


P.S.  I am listening to Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!