Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hiding in Plain Sight

A few days ago, while filling the outside water buckets, I noticed some movement at my feet.  Very subtle.  Hardly noticeable.  At first I thought I was seeing things!  Finally able to focus in on the source, here is what I found.  About the size of a half dollar.


When the wings spread, they are the most beautiful shade of orange!  Talk about great camouflage!  You can hardly see it when the wings are together and it is sitting in the mud.  And how lovely with the wings spread.





Anyone know what it is?  It's always so amazing what you can see if you keep your eyes open.


Big plans for the 4th?


Blissful hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I saw one similar just the other day. Beautiful colors!

    Enjoy the 4th!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!