Friday, December 12, 2014

A New Adventure

Well, it snowed and it snowed and it snowed.  Not as bad as what Buffalo got earlier, but enough for us to be snowed in.  I am a firm believer that you never do snow removal while it is still snowing.  So on Thursday, when it looked like we might be done, I trudged to the Casket Company Brewery shed and found that my snow blower didn't start.  (My electric starter went last year, so it is manual crank only now.)  I cranked and I cranked and...nothing.  So I closed the shed, shoveled the porches and figured there's always tomorrow.

With the snow being above my knee-high boots all the way to the road, and heavy, I decided I needed a better plan of action.  So a few phone calls later I found someone who would come and plow for me!  He came a bit later and did an excellent job of moving the snow around.  (Even with four wheel drive I couldn't have made it out the end of the drive before.)  Then the adventure!

My mom also needed her drive done.  Because our drives are long and curvy, it helps to have someone along who is familiar with them.  So I rode with the driver and his very friendly dog up the road and got a first-hand look at plowing from inside the cab!  It was a hoot!  Let me tell you, David can put that plow down on a dime!  We were done in no time and it was a lot of fun.  No, it wasn't on my bucket list, but it pays to say yes when adventure beckons!

To complete the outdoor experience, I went back up to my mom's and did the snowblowing and shoveling of paths.  That snow blower did start, but there was no way I could have done the drive with it.  The snow was so heavy, packed down, and dense that I had to walk in front of the snow blower to break up the snow, then go behind the snow blower and try to keep it moving.  I guess that counts as the second adventure, as I had never used that snow blower before and it looked like a cockpit to run the controls!

So there you have it--hey, wake up--it wasn't that boring a story, was it?

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton and I just finished Private Down Under by James Patterson.

P.P.S.  Lest you think I get in trucks with strangers, breathe a sigh of relief.  David is the grandson of people I have known my entire life.  I may be weird but I'm not that crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!