Sunday, July 27, 2008

Almost Monday--Again

For those of you who worry that I don't get enough quilting done--take heart. Today I finished the center to two quilts. One is in fall colors, and the other is a black oriental floral with alternate squares of pink mottled that was started many years ago. I decided to change the inner border on the oriental one from green to a pink batik, so I didn't get to add borders today. I also need to find the appropriate border for the fall one. But it felt good to be in the sewing room, working with my featherweight and listening to Randy Travis's new CD, Around the Bend. For those of you who don't know--are there any of you?--I LOVE Randy Travis! He is my all-time favorite singer. I even have a picture of him--with his autograph! And...I got it when my BBFF Cindy and I went to see him live about a year and a half ago. We had seats so close to the stage that we could easily have thrown ourselves at him and not been stopped--but we behaved ourselves--that's our story--and we are sticking with it! LOL

Since I posted last, I have taught precision machine piecing, pressing and rotary cutting on two different projects, helped lay out blocks and cut borders for the year-long machine pieced block of the month class that is just finishing in a nearby city; taught my method of hand quilting to 9 students AND was the entertainment for a baby shower where we sewed blocks for the mom-to-be.

Then, lest you think I am a lady of leisure, I mowed the two acre lawn--but that was fraught with difficulty--I got about 3/4s done with the big mower when one of the blades bent, causing it to make strange crop-circle-like divots in the grass. So I ended up mowing the rest of the lawn--at least 1/2 an acre--with the hand mower. But I got it done! "I am woman, hear me roar", well, maybe not, I'm too tired right now.

Here are some pictures I took this afternoon--I love catching the bees in the pollen!



The next time I post (in the next day or two, I promise), there will be a "test". I'm going to post a picture and see if anyone can tell me what it is! The answer will be revealed by week's end--who knows, there may even be a prize involved. But you won't be able to win if you don't leave a comment.

Til then--remember to take care of yourself--thread your needle and have a bit of stitching fun. It'll help keep you sane--OK, at least it won't hurt you!

1 comment:

  1. oh goodie, an eyeball bender puzzle. i can't wait to see it.

    i like randy but admittedly do not know tons of his works outside of the mainstream hits, but he has one song with Kenney Chesney that I absolutely LOVE. You probably know it. It's call Baptism. I think it's beautiful. Check it out if it's not in your collection already.

    mk

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!